5 FREE APPS YOU SHOULD BE USING IF YOU'RE A VIDEO EDITOR
Being a filmmaker or video editor is a daunting task, to say the least. And, if there are ways and means to make your workflow that much easier and far more simplified then you should be using it!
Here are 5 free mobile apps that every filmmaker and video editor should be using:
- Milanote – This app, available on both iOS and Android, is designed to efficiently create and edit storyboards and projects on the go. Furthermore, your work can be synced with your PC and you can invite team members to work on your project simultaneously as well.
- Frags: Micro-Deck – Currently only on Android (Touch Portal for iOS alternative). Once installed on your smartphone, you'll have to install the software for your computer as well. This all will then allow you to control aspects of your editing software on your mobile device such as presets, settings, actions and effects etc, all of which are fully customisable.
- Mark Clapperboard – Only on Android, the Mark Clapperboard app allows you to synchronise your cameras on set with your smartphone via WiFi. Then, you can select which cameras (and respective mics) are on during the scene, and digitally create a slate or clapper sound digitally to help sync your audio and visuals in post-production.
- Sun Locator Lite – Yet another app exclusively for Android, this app allows you to predict the suns direction prior to the shoot day to help you plan the shots you require.
- Shot Designer – Available for Android and iOS, this app allows you to create and design virtual shot setups. In the app, you will have a variety of cameras, props, subjects, people and lighting to help you plan your shots and share them with your production crew.
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel, Cinecom.net, on 5 Free Apps Every Filmmaker / Video Editor Needs To Have...
Article Tags: Mobile Geekerhertz Frags Micro Deck Milanote Mark clapperboard Sun locator Shot designer Smartphone Free Workflow Editor Video Filmmaker Apps