CHRONOS 2.1 HD – THE HIGH-SPEED CAMERA THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
The Chronos 2.1 HD is by no means the best of the best when it comes to the world of high-speed video, but for what it is, it's nothing shy of perfect...
The world of professional high-speed videography is not for the faint-hearted. It comes with its own set of challenges and frustrations, the biggest one being the price of some of the best high-speed cameras, which hover around the $150,000 range!
However, the amateurs might say that they have 240fps in their iPhones, which is double of what you usually get in the world's top DSLR and mirrorless cameras. Whilst this is true, it's usually not high enough for most high speed situations.
If you wanted to exceed 240fps, you'll usually have to enter the range of Phantom cameras. But, even if you wanted to hire one, it could cost you around $2,500 per day! Phantom cameras offer frame rates of up to 1 million frames per second, which is a complete overkill for anything that travels slower than a bullet...
However, that's exactly where the Chronos 2.1 HD camera comes in. It's built to the size of around a mid to large size DSLR body, offers 1,000fps in HD, and will fit DSLR lenses which is a huge bonus!
- 2.1Gpx/s, Full HD 1920x1080 image sensor captures 1,000fps, and up to 24,046 fps at lower resolution. Available in colour and monochrome.
- 8GB, 16GB and 32GB memory options for 2.5, 5.5 and 11 second record time respectively.
- High sensitivity base ISO of 500 (Colour) and 1,000 (Monochrome) enables shooting with modest lighting.
- Completely standalone, untethered operation with 1hr internal battery. Runs indefinitely on AC adapter.
- Many lenses supported: Nikon F, Canon EF and C mounts available as field-swappable options.
- Focus peaking highlights sharp edges for quick and perfect focus. Zebra lines help you set correct exposure.
- Chronos 2.1-HD camera
- Power supply (19V 40W, universal input)
- Power cord (with location-appropriate plug)
- CS to C mount lens adapter
- Nikon F to C FotodioX lens adapter OR Canon EF/EF-S to C FotodioX lens adapter
- User Manual
- 32GB SD Card for saving videos
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel, Daniel Schiffer, on This Camera Will Change Everything...