GAMER PROBLEMS THAT NO LONGER EXIST
As impressive and straightforward as gaming hardware and software these days are, it wasn't always like this. Back in the day just setting up your console was a mission in its own right!
Here are some gamer problems that don't exist anymore:
- Excess of cables - Old-school gaming consoles had sometimes 5 cables you had to plug into the TV before you're good to play, nowadays it's usually just 1.
- Batteries - Handheld gaming platforms used to be powered by AA batteries and making sure you had enough of them to last your weekend was a struggle on its own.
- Controllers with cords - You're gaming console usually sits close to your TV and you sit way back on a couch but if your controller is connected to the console via a cable you risk not having enough slack to sit where you want and risk pulling the whole console off the shelf.
- Split-screen cheating - Back in the day split-screen gaming was extremely popular, but it seems to have been phased out now. Back in the day, it was commonplace having your opponent player glance at your side of the screen to give themselves an advantage, in other words, cheating!
- Gaming on PCs was a nightmare - Back in the day, computer components were not even close to as compatible as they are today. Just trying to find out what parts you needed to install and run a basic game on older systems was a headache.
Take a look at the video below by the YouTube channel: Gameranx on 10 Gamer Problems That No Longer Exist...