Here is an average of how humans spend their time over their entire lives.
Although the data collected in these various studies is incredibly accurate, it is still an average of millions of people living a typical western lifestyle, and the results are fascinating!
Here is how much time humans spend doing typical daily tasks over their lifespan, with an average life expectancy of 75 years:
- In a lifetime, the typical human spends 1.4 years of their life sitting on the toilet.
- We spend 26 years of our life sleeping
- We spend 11 precious years watching TV, we're quite sure we spend a significant portion of that just finding something to watch
- An average of 10.3 years at work
- Waiting 27 days for transportation
- We sacrifice 5 months of our lives just complaining
- What about home chores? We spend 3 years just washing our clothes
- Only 116 hours laughing, this needs to increase!
- Woman spend 136 days getting ready
- Men spend 46 days getting ready
- Men spend an average of 43 minutes a day staring at woman either in public or digitally
- Men spend 9 hours experiencing an orgasm
- Woman spend just 90 minutes experiencing an orgasm over their lifetime
Take a look at the video below by YouTube channel, Not What You Think, on How Humans Spend Their Time.