The Huawei Mate Xs smartphone enters the folding screen market.
Over the last year or so, we have been reintroduced to folding phones, which is as nostalgic as can be when it comes to such a personal device. But a folding Huawei smartphone is pretty hard to come by.
With Samsung clearly leading the way with the Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G and the Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Huawei is riding along with the Mate Xs folding smartphone.
However, unlike the offerings from Samsung, the Huawei Mate Xs fold with the screen on the outside. This begs the question; is it better than its competition?
The Huawei Mate Xs was launched in February 2020, and has an update in the pipelines rumoured to be released sometime in 2021.
Huawei Mate Xs specs:
- NETWORK: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- LAUNCH: Announced 2020, February 24
- BODY: Dimensions Unfolded: 161.3 x 146.2 x 5.4 mm | Folded: 161.3 x 78.5 x 11 mm
- WEIGHT: 300 g (10.58 oz)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- DISPLAY: Type Foldable OLED
- SIZE: 8.0 inches, 205.0 cm2 (~86.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- RESOLUTION: 2200 x 2480 pixels (~414 ppi density)
- FOLDED COVER DISPLAY: 6.6", AMOLED, 1148 x 2480 pixels (19.5:9)
- PLATFORM: OS Android 10, EMUI 10, no Google Play Services
- CHIPSET: Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- MEMORY: Nano Memory, up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- INTERNAL: 512GB 8GB RAM
- CAMERA: Quad 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm
- VIDEO: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- USB: Type-C 3.1
- BATTERY: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
Take a look at the video below by YouTube channel, Marques Brownlee, on the Huawei Mate Xs Folding Smartphone.